Advanced Restaurant Systems is a popular hood and duct certification company serving Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania and New Jersey. When money gets tight one of the first things restaurants and commercial cooking establishment cut back on is the regular certification of their Kitchen Exhaust system. This is a big mistake that can cost your business more money in the long run. The following article outlines the top five reason why restaurants and commercial cooking establishments should make it a priority to have their hoods cleaned in accordance with National Fire Protection Agency (NFPA) 96 guidelines.
1. Fire Prevention: Cleaning and removing the grease and cooking oil buildup that accumulates on your Hood, Duct, Plenum, Fan and Filters will ensure that flammable materials do not spark a fire that could damage or destroy your cooking establishment.
2. Safety: As grease and cooking oil build up over time it presents a safety concern for your employees and customers. The Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey and Pennsylvania fire marshal’s office routinely audit restaurants for hood and duct certification certificates and current hood stickers.
3. Equipment: Your kitchen exhaust fan can break due to grease buildup. Your duct work and your fire suppression system can become clogged and rendered inoperable if not serviced on a regular basis.
4. Cleanliness: Government health inspectors mandate that restaurants and commercial cooking establishments have their hood and duct systems cleaned on a regular basis. A dirty hood is a health concern and gives the appearance that your cooking establishment is not being managed properly.
5. Better Insurance Rates: Every commercial insurance company in Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey and Pennsylvania require that you have your hood and duct system cleaned and certified in accordance with NFPA 96 standards.